Thursday 30 July 2015

Strange, the Things that Hurt

Listening to 90% of the music on my iPod. All those hours spent playing music to the baby driving to and from work...

Seeing my favourite maternity shirt hanging in the cupboard.

The beautiful journal sitting on my bedside table that my husband bought me for our anniversary, filled with notes about the baby.

Being able to button up pre-pregnancy pants.

Watching the bulbs come up in the garden, knowing that the baby was supposed to arrive well after they bloomed.

Catching myself reaching down to rub my stomach without thinking about it.

My heart. Turns out that this grief is a physical, burning pain in my chest I never stop feeling.

The blue jumper I wore while walking in the evenings.

The normal route we take to walk the dog; so many conversations and dreams.

Having dinner at any place previously visited while pregnant.

Walking into the spare room, gutted and stripped for painting.

The ultrasound photos that seem to pop up randomly on my laptop.

Making small talk.

Holding the Kindle I was reading when I was called in for that last ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment